Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rabbit Food

Congratulate me all around, folks. I chopped up the cabbage last night. I was motivated by the arrival of a new CSA box full of produce (out with the old, in with the new!). So I riffed on an asian slaw recipe bouncing around and produced my own. The girls decided that a certain stuffed bunny was very excited I was making slaw.


This was a blend of green cabbage, bok choy and fresh broccoli tossed in a vinaigrette made of olive oil, soy sauce, fresh lime juice, sugar, ginger and garlic. Oh, and a splash of sesame oil. Folks, it's good.

Another CSA win? The girls love carrots "from the farm". These little beauties were a hit. Note the further appearance of Cupcake the Bunny.


I served the fresh carrots with the stems attached alongside ranch dressing but noted while I was rinsing dishes that the dressing was barely touched. Why mess with the perfect sweetness of a fresh carrot? Two more headed into school in lunches today along with fresh hummus, pita chips and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment